In this Policy
Client means a person or entity who engages DMC to mail items on its behalf.
DMC means Direct Mail Corporation Pty Ltd ACN 065 135 702 of 158 Murphy Street Richmond Victoria
Information means any information provided by a Client to DMC including, without limitation, Personal Information.
Personal Information means information whether recorded in a material form about a natural person whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
DMC’s General Commitment to protect and respect Privacy
DMC adheres to the National Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles as they relate to its business practices.
Use of Information
DMC’s in the course of its business will receive Information from Clients. DMC acknowledges that the Information is supplied so that DMC can on behalf of the Clients distribute personalised direct mail.
DMC will at all times assume:
- That Information supplied may contain Personal Information.
- That the parties listed in the Information have consented to the receipt of direct mail.
- That the provider of the Information has itself complied with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
DMC will not use Information except as required
DMC does not share Information provided to it by a Client with other organisations unless:
- It is given express consent; or
- Where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law; or
- Where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
DMC will not to transfer Information outside Australia, or allow parties outside Australia to have access to it, without the prior written approval of the Client.
DMC will only use Information provided for the purposes of fulfilling its obligations to the Client that supplied the information.
Commitment to trust
DMC is committed to keeping your trust by protecting and securing the Information provided to it.
Protection of Information
DMC has appropriate technical and administrative procedures to Protect Personal Information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
DMC keeps the Information provided to it for as long as it is required for the specified task or as required by law.
- Not retain any Information supplied by a Client unless directed to do so.
- Only use Information supplied by a Client in accordance with the Client’s specific instructions.
- Ensure all Information supplied will be securely stored and protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, inappropriate modification and disclosure.
- If directed destroy all Information supplied after completion of a job.
- Not use or disclose any Information other than as directed by the Client.
DMC UNDERTAKINGS TO CLIENT
Without limiting the above statements DMC undertakes that:
- All Information received by DMC will not be used except for the specific mailing purpose for which they were provided.
- It shall not copy, reproduce or duplicate the Information supplied by a Client except as is necessary for the purpose of performing the Clients’ requirements.
DMC will deliver to the Client at its expense details of all names and addresses of mail returned to our address as undeliverable.
Who to Contact at DMC
If you have any queries or complaints they are to be directed to Mr Brett Cahir.